IRON MOUNTAIN TRAMWAY
The Park Entrance has a state-of-the-art European pulse gondola design, one of the first ever installed in the United States.
Visitors experience a towering panoramic view of the spectacular Rocky Mountain scenery as they skim over the tops of the trees, up to the top of Iron Mountain and the entrance to Glenwood Caverns and Historic Fairy Caves.
The 4,300-foot-long tram ride originates at Iron Mountain Station located in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
Visitors of all ages enjoy the seven-minute scenic ride inside six-person fully-enclosed gondolas with large clear windows. The gondolas are wheelchair accessible, including motorized wheelchairs.
After visitors debark from the tramway gondolas, they can take a cave tour, eat at the mountain-top restaurant, Lookout Grille
, try exciting thrill rides, or simply enjoy the expansive views
may be purchased at :
The Iron Mountain Station
Directions to Iron Mountain Station
GLENWOOD CAVERNS TRAM SAFETY FEATURES
- The Glenwood Caverns tramway system was manufactured by Leitner-Poma of America. The parent company, Poma, is a world leader in tramways & chairlifts, with close to 8000 installed world-wide.
- Our tramway incorporates numerous safety features, including redundant braking systems and a backup power source. A maintenance schedule is carefully followed.
- Tramway operators undergo rigorous training, and continually monitor weather-forecasting indicators. You will be assisted in safely loading and unloading by our operators.
- While riding our tram, you may notice the tram cars slow down at the mid-point. This slow-down is normal, and permits passengers at the tram end-points to load or exit via slower-moving tram cars.
- For your safety, in the event of moderate winds the tram may run at slower speeds. In the event of increasing wind speeds, the tram normally completes it cycle, and then is stopped after passengers have unloaded. At this time on-loading passengers may have to wait for conditions to improve, or for Glenwood Caverns ground transportation services.
- The tramway is inspected 3 times per year by professional engineers from the Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board. It is also inspected annually by the tramway insurer.
- We hope you relax and enjoy the views while you ride up and down Iron Mountain in our comfortable tram cars!