Glenwood Springs Visitor Information
In addition to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, Glenwood Springs,
Colorado is filled with many other adventurous activities including rafting,
hiking, skiing, rock climbing, fishing, mountain biking, hot springs, and more.
Glenwood also offers an almost endless array of cultural activities from the free Music In The Park concerts to the Fall Arts Festival.
Other popular Glenwood Springs attractions include:
- Glenwood Vaudeville Review
- family fun dinner theater show
- Open Holiday season, 2013: Nov. 29 to Jan. 4, 2014, Thursday through Sunday
- Spring 2014: open Feb. 7th to Apr. 26th, Friday and Saturday
- Summer 2014: open May 23 to Oct. 6, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- professional talent performing a two hour show of comedy skits, jokes, high-energy dance numbers, and unique novel songs that are guaranteed to help you laugh your worries away; and all this while you enjoy a meal prepared by some of Glenwood Spring's best restaurants.
- Call 970 945-9699 for more info or visit our website
- Defiance Community Players
- a true volunteer community theater group
- started in 1972
- at least one great theater production per year
- providing great theater experience for the audience, cast and crew
- Frontier Historical Society
- The museum is managed by the Frontier Historical Society, and features artifacts, photos and Doc Holliday memorabilia. They also maintain a large collection of archives and local historical records.
- The museum is located at 1001 Colorado Avenue in Glenwood Springs.
- May to September: open 10am - 4pm Monday - Saturday.
October through April: open 1pm - 4pm Monday & Thursday - Saturday.
- Call 970 945-4448 for more info
- Glenwood Railroad Museum
- The museum features artifacts and photos, and also has large railroad scale models. They also have a gift shop selling railroad books and t-shirts, along with railroad souvenirs and equipment.
- The museum is located in the Amtrak Station building at 413 7th St. in Glenwood Springs.
- Open 11am - 3pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday
- Call 970 945-7044 for more info
- Yampah Spa
- telephone (970) 945-0667
- 709 East Sixth Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
(located northeast of the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, next building to the east behind the Glenwood Center for the Arts)
- Glenwood Hot Springs
- telephone (970) 945-6571
- 415 East Sixth Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
(located on the north side of the Colorado River, just east of the Grand Avenue Bridge. Go north down the bridge and immediately turn right)
- Sunlight Mountain Resort
- Glenwood Springs Archery Range
- open to the public year round from dusk to dawn
- no crossbows
- Glenwood Springs Gun Ranges
- check website for public hours
- contact Jim Neil regarding Gun Club membership at 970 379-0646
- Glenwood Springs Whitewater Park
- Glenwood Spring's Whitewater Park is located on the Colorado River. Roadway access is just upriver from the Midland Ave. bridge and exit 114 off Interstate 70 (in West Glenwood Springs)
- During the summer season parking is very limited at the Park, but overflow parking is available southeast of the park... take Midland Avenue to the RFTA bus parking lot. Do not park along Midland Ave.
- If you wish to use the Whitewater Park, helmets and life jackets are required.
- Glenwood Springs Police Department
- emergency: call 911
- non emergency: (970) 384-6500
- 101 W 8th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
(located on the west side of the Glenwood Springs City Hall building)
- U.S. Forest Service - White River Nat'l Forest Headquarters
- The 2.3-million-acre White River National Forest is the 12th largest of the national recreation forests, and it is Colorado's largest national forest. Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountain region, it offers a wide range of activities for enthusiastic outdoormen and women.
- telephone (970) 319-2670 (temporary phone)
- 120 Midland Ave, Suite 140, Glenwood Springs CO 81601 (temporary location)
- Glenwood Center for the Arts
- telephone (970) 945-2414
- 601 East Sixth Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
(located northeast of the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool
- Glenwood Springs Post Office
- telephone (970) 945-2701
- 113 9th St, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
(located one block west of Grand Avenue)
- hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Glenwood Springs Amtrak Station (train)
- telephone (970) 945-9563
- 413 7th Street Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
- served by the California Zephyr, the train route runs Chicago - Denver - Salt Lake City - Emeryville / San Francisco
- 6.5 hrs to the Denver station to the east, via California Zephyr
- 2 hours to the Grand Junction station to the west, via California Zephyr
- Glenwood Springs Visitor Info Center
- 802 Grand Avenue (CMC Building) in downtown Glenwood Springs
- The center provides a knowledgeable staff plus graphics, video and displays to provide information about both the community of Glenwood Springs and also Colorado Mountain College
- Glenwood Springs Branch Library
- telephone (970) 945-5958
- 413 9th Street, Glenwood Springs CO 81601
(located one block east of Grand Avenue)
- Glenwood Springs Community Center
- Indoor Aquatic Center
- competitive swim lanes (access during open swim hours)
- water slide
- hot tub
- activity pool (zero-depth entry) with play zone
- high school regulation basketball and volleyball courts
- indoor soccer
- variety of youth & adult leagues available
- available for private rental
- Seasonal ice rink facility: 85 ft by 200 ft NHL size
- public skating
- learn-to-skate classes
- youth hockey
- adult ice hockey
- Stick and Puck
- four outdoor tennis courts:
- drop-in play
- youth programs
- adult programs
- fully-lit for evening play
- tennis-ball machine for rent
- 3,500 square foot indoor climbing wall:
- for novice thru proficient climber challenges.
- natural routes ranges from 5.10 to 5.14
- belay-certifications are available
- Fitness Area
- free weights
- weight machines
- cardio equipment: treadmills, ellipticals, stair climber, recumbent and upright bikes
- indoor track
- fitness room: suspension wood floor, fitness balls, resistance bands, bars, jump ropes, yoga equipment, hand weights, mirrors and ballet bar
- Spin bike room for indoor cycling with LeMond RevMaster bikes
- Dance studio
- Free WIFI access
- Computer Lab
- Room Rental for conferences, banquets and parties
- Sound garden
- Interactive outdoor play area
Glenwood Springs Theaters
Glenwood Springs Museums
Glenwood Springs Hot Springs and Vapor Caves
Glenwood Springs Hot Springs
Glenwood Springs Skiing and Snowboarding
Glenwood Springs Shooting Sports
Glenwood Springs Boating
A 65,000 square foot community recreational facility
100 Wulfsohn Road
Glenwood Springs CO 81601
970 384-6300 Glenwood Rec website
Our Glenwood Springs lodging listings will help you find the perfect lodging to fit exactly what you have in mind for budget, location and amenities. And we have great dining opportunities and shopping.
Start planning your adventure vacation in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, by calling the Glenwood Springs Chamber of Commerce at 970-945-6589.
Lodging may be reserved by calling the Glenwood Springs Chamber Central Reservations desk at 888-445-3696.
We look forward to your visit!