KING'S ROW CAVE TOUR in GLENWOOD SPRINGS
at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
Glenwood Caverns is the largest show cave open to the public in Colorado.
USA Today rated Glenwood Caverns "One of the Top 10 Places to Go Underground!"
King's Row Tour
Journey down into the mountain on well-lighted walkways with handrails, to visit King's Row, the most highly decorated cave room in Colorado!
The King's Row Tour lasts about 40 minutes and is appropriate for most fitness levels.
- A descent of 150 feet down through spacious passages to King's Row, the most highly decorated cave room in Colorado
- Stunning formations such as stalactites, stalagmites, soda straws and cave bacon
- A staged light show highlights the most striking formations
- Exceptionally beautiful
- There are no worries if you don't like tight places: you will be exploring mostly huge wide-open underground rooms. The smallest passage you will be walking through measures 6 ft 4 in tall x 3 ft wide.
ABOUT THE CAVE TOURS
- The caverns stay a cool 52 degrees year round. To maximize your enjoyment, please bring a light jacket or sweater and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Since a portion of the Historical Fairy Caves Tour is outside, please be prepared for unpredictable Glenwood Springs Colorado weather.
- Please remember that food and liquids of any sort (water, formula, juice, etc.) are prohibited in the caverns. Make sure children are well-fed prior to entering the cave.
- An adult must accompany children under 12.
Small children should be carried in arms or in a front pack.
- Because of the narrow passageways and our concern for the safety of our guests, backpacks and strollers are not allowed in the cave. Storage lockers are available for rent along the Caver's Corner walkway near the Upper Cave Entrance.
- Due to the elevation (7100') and slight exertion required, the tour King's Row Cave Tour is not recommended for persons who are pregnant or have heart or respiratory problems. The lower section of cave tour includes 127 stair steps. Along the stairsteps there are occasional benches for resting.
- Cameras are allowed inside the cave. Please be courteous of the other visitors in your tour group when taking pictures. Mono/tri-pods are not allowed inside the cave.
- The maximum number of guests allowed on the King's Row Tour is 28.
MORE CAVE TOUR INFORMATION
- "Before You Visit" planning guide, including applicable cave tour rules
- Confessions of a Glenwood Caverns Tour Guide: Kathy Miller
- Interview with Bob Koper, longtime Glenwood Caverns tour guide
- "History of Glenwood Caverns & Historic Fairy Caves" in Glenwood Springs
GLENWOOD CAVERNS & HISTORIC FAIRY CAVES
Experience a glimpse of the past as you travel into the pristine underground world of Glenwood Caverns and Historic Fairy Caves. You'll discover some of nature's most amazing scenery that was millions of years in the making, hidden away deep inside Iron Mountain. Learn about the living caverns system that is home to thousands of formations, including stalactites, stalagmites, soda straws, cave bacon, flowstone, and more! USA Today rated Glenwood Caverns "One of the Top 10 Places to Go Underground!"
Choose from our two guided tours, which vary in duration and degree of difficulty.
Walking Cave Tours (2) - appropriate for most people. The King's Row with 127 steps to climb is more strenuous than the Historic Fairy Caves Tour.
Wild Tour - a two-hour, on-your-belly extreme caving experience