WILD CAVE TOURS
in GLENWOOD SPRINGS at GLENWOOD CAVERNS
Thrill seekers, this is your chance to take part in an extreme caving adventure
in Glenwood Springs, Colorado! This 2-hour guided tour takes you deep into rarely visited areas of Glenwood Caverns for an exciting, on-your-belly and crawling experience you'll never forget.
Skinny through sections as small as 18 inches square and you'll be rewarded with views of awesome cave formations that few people get a chance to see. Allow three hours total to gear up and gear down before and after the tour.
- CLOSED UNTIL NOVEMBER 13
- Saturdays 10:30am + 2:30pm, by reservation
- Other days available by appointment (4 person min group size), subject to guide availability, please call for more info.
ABOUT THE WILD TOUR
- Ages 10 - 17: you can participate if accompanied by an adult 18 or older, and have a parent's or guardian's consent and signature on a Wild Tour Liability Waiver.
- All Wild Tour participants: please read, sign, and bring copies of the Wild Tour Liability Waiver and the Cave Conservation Pledge.
- Please wear sturdy shoes that are comfortable for walking and crawling. No open-toed shoes allowed. You can bring old clothes if you choose: long pants and long-sleeved shirts that may get dirty and/or ripped.* Or, coveralls will be provided.**
- This is a strenuous activity that involves crawling on your hands, knees, and stomach, sometimes for extended periods. The smallest section is approximately 18 inches square so this tour is not recommended for those with a rib cage circumference greater than 42 inches. Not recommended if you are claustrophobic or have problems crawling for an extended period.
- There must be a minimum of 2 guests on the tour. The maximum number of people allowed on a Wild Tour is 8.
- All guests will be provided with lighted helmets, gloves, kneepads, elbow pads and coveralls free of charge.
- Cameras are allowed; however, because of the rugged environment, disposable cameras are recommended.
- Guides provide water; food is not allowed inside the cave.
** If you bring your own clothes, you must bring a clean change of clothes up the mountain to put on once the tour is finished. We cannot allow guests to ride the Tram down in dirty clothes because the seats are carpeted and dirt can be transferred to other guests. Lockers are available.
Testimonials for the Wild Tour at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
See Before You Visit for more details.
Learn about the History of Glenwood Caverns & Historic Fairy Caves located in historic Glenwood Springs, Colorado.