The eve of Thanksgiving is a good time to stop and take stock of all we’re thankful for in life. At Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, we have plenty of thanks to give! Here’s just a few of the many things we are grateful for, this Thanksgiving and all year long:
1. Living in a beautiful place and being part of a fun community. There’s a reason that Glenwood Springs, CO was voted one of the top 5 Best Places to Live by Outside Magazine. Our residents like to work hard and play hard, and it makes for a vibrant, lively community full of activity. Whether it’s rafters and kayakers cruising down the Colorado River on a summer day, bikers buzzing up the Rio Grande Bike Path on a glorious fall afternoon, skiers and snowboarders getting in powder turns at Sunlight Mountain Resort, or springtime shoppers in downtown Glenwood Springs, the town is alive year-round.
2. Our company family. It takes a lot of people to make Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park run smoothly, and every day our close-knit team works hard to ensure that visitors have the best possible experience. Their friendly, smiling faces make the Park a welcoming place, and their dedicated work ensures that the Park is always operating safely and effectively. We truly couldn’t do it without them!
3. Having the opportunity to give back. With the recent Turkey Tram-A-Ganza, we were able to help donate over 250 pounds of turkey to Lift-Up for families in need. Our Can-for-a-Tram program during the Music on the Mountain concert series donated 10,172 cans of food for Lift-Up this year. And at last Friday’s Iron Mountain Hot Springs benefit, we were able to collect another 544 cans! We love how the people in the community rally together to help each other out.
4. Seeing Iron Mountain Hot Springs get off the ground. A partnership with the owners of Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, the Iron Mountain Hot Springs were a dream for many years. In 2015 they finally became a reality! Soaking in the healing Hot Springs, right next to the Colorado River, is just about the most relaxing and rejuvenating experience one can have, and it is very fulfilling to see the dream come to life.
5. Our visitors! We love seeing the excited faces of kids and adults stepping off the mountain-top tram and trying to decide what to do first. We love hearing the exhilarated screams of Giant Canyon Swing and Cliffhanger Roller Coaster riders. We love showing people around the historic Fairy Caves. Most of all, we love being a place that families and friends can come to for a break from the “real world” and just have some fun!
We hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We’ll be closed Thanksgiving Day so our employees can spend the holiday with their families, but we’ll be back open on Friday, November 27. Come up for some post-turkey fun and adventure!