The Iron Mountain Hot Springs will officially open this Saturday, July 18! It’s been a long road and a lot of work, so to celebrate we thought we’d share a few reasons why we can’t wait to visit Glenwood Springs, Colorado’s newest attraction. We hope you’re excited about it too!
1. It’s perfect for the whole family. The Iron Mountain Hot Springs features a large, freshwater family pool heated to 90°! There’s also a smaller whirlpool spa elevated above the family pool, so parents can supervise their children while soaking in the hotter water (around 92°), with a waterfall connecting the two. Two family changing rooms make visits with kids even easier.
2. It’s perfect for everyone else, too. At Iron Mountain Hot Springs, it’s all about a relaxing environment–there’s a quiet zone surrounding 16 smaller, naturally formed pools. Children ages 5 to 14 must be accompanied by an adult (and kids under 5 are not allowed).
3. Iron Mountain Hot Springs is accessible. The Hot Springs are meant to be a relaxing and healing experience for everyone–including those who may need it the most. The family pool entrance offers a ramp with a handrail. Two of the pools have transfer walls and grab bars for those who need them (the walls allow a person to leave a wheelchair or other mobility device and transfer onto the wall, then into the water). The family changing rooms are also accessible, and there is an aquatic wheelchair available onsite.
4. You don’t have to leave if you get hungry or thirsty! The on-site Sopris Cafe is next to the family pool and offers fresh and delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beverages include coffee, soft drinks, beer, wine and mixed drinks. For a treat, grab a frozen yogurt, soft-serve ice cream or smoothie.
5. You’ll never get bored! The 16 smaller pools range in temperature from 98° to 108°. Depending on the pool you’re in, you’ll get a variety of amazing views including the Colorado River, Iron Mountain, Red Mountain, the Flat Tops and Mt. Sopris.
6. You will leave relaxed and rejuvenated. There are 14 minerals found in the water, the most abundant being iron and sulfate, known for their relaxing qualities. The healing attributes of hot springs have been recognized and used by humans for thousands of years. Whether you’re feeling tired or frazzled, or have more serious issues like asthma or arthritis, Iron Mountain Hot Springs may benefit you greatly–no doctor’s appointment required!
7. The lodge-style bathhouse! The bathhouse is designed to make your visit even more enjoyable. The on-site locker rooms have showers, hair dryers, private-label toiletries and restrooms. The use of a locker is included with the price of admission (just ask for a key card at the front desk). The two family changing rooms have a restroom, shower, sink and changing table. There are larger lockers for families just around the corner.
8. If you forget something, we’ve got you covered! The on-site retail store has swimwear, pool accessories, sunscreen and other personal items you might realize you need. There’s also a lot of gifts and souvenirs, many of them made in Colorado.
9. You’ll have help staying hydrated. It’s important to drink lots of water when you’re soaking in any hot springs. At Iron Mountain Hot Springs, there’s free water and bottle-filling stations near the family changing rooms in the bathhouse.
10. It’s a great way to wind down from a busy day. Glenwood Springs has so much to offer–that’s why it was named the Most Fun Town in America by Rand McNally and USA Today in 2011. There’s nothing better than a relaxing soak after a day of hiking, rafting, biking, ziplining, skiing…or playing at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park all day! We hope to see you there!
For more information, visit IronMountain HotSprings.com.